This morning, my crazy antics were nominated for the Liebster Award! If you’re all, “That’s super fantastic, but WHAT is the Liebster Award?!” you’re not alone. Originally, I thought Senator Joe Lieberman wanted to recognize me for my political rants, but then I did some research. The Liebster (German for “dearest”) Award goes to baby blogs, or blogs with less than 200 peeps, but despite their tiny following, have huge potential. Turns out ol’ Joe doesn’t know I exist, but some other really cool people do. The lovely Christine at More Than Mommies is responsible for my nomination and, for that, I thank her from the bottom of my little blogging heart.
create 11 questions for the bloggers I have chosen to nominate.
select 11 blogs with less than 200 followers to nominate.
tell the lucky bloggers I have chosen about their nomination.
Sharing is Caring:
Christine’s Questions & My Answers:
- What is your favorite color? GREEN in the fall and winter, YELLOW in the spring and summer.
- What made you decide to start blogging? I had kids and kinda lost sight of myself after a while. I wanted to see if I could still function independently from my beautiful babies. Plus, I could sit down and write, which was a perfect change of pace from chasing around crazy kids.
- If you were forced to loose one of your five senses: Taste, Touch, Sight, Hearing, Smelling, which would you choose and why? This isn’t even debatable: taste. I would HAVE to lose weight if I couldn’t taste chocolate and wine, right?!
- Do you have a bad habit? What is it? I leave clean laundry, unfolded, chillin’ in the baskets for DAYS. My poor husband runs out of socks and boxers a lot.
- When was the last time you laughed? What were you laughing at? This morning. My son is potty training which means I force him to walk around pants-less, and his little sister constantly points at his dinger and laughs her head off. Hil-arious.
- If you had to relive a period of time in your life, what would you relive? Probably the first few years I taught at Valley High School. I just loved the people I worked with and for (including the students) so much.
- Do you have a hidden talent? What is it? I have absolutely no talent whatsoever. Unless you count the impressive organization of my Pinterest boards.
- What was your favorite subject in school? I’m an English teacher, so…gym.
- If money was no object, name something you would splurge on for YOURSELF. Oh this is SO fun, Christine! Okay, lemme think…I would remodel something in my house. Probably my kitchen. Wait, that’s kind of like a splurge for the whole family. How about…a shopping spree with no limits. Granted, I would probably come home with toddler socks of all sizes because, seriously, how do we manage to lose or outgrown them every week?!, but if I could literally shop ’til I dropped, I would be in heaven. This was a long answer. Sorry.
- Cats? Dogs? Both? Neither? I love animals, but (big) dog over cat.
- You’ve been given a crystal ball: what will you be up to 10 years from now? Mom to 3, wife to 1, English teacher to none because I retired when my blog took off and started paying our bills 🙂
And the Award Goes To:
I think each of these bloggers has less than 200 followers, but in the event that I am wrong and have now offended one of them, I say get over yourself! I think enough of your writing to nominate you for this Joe Lieberman thing, RIGHT?! And I always enjoy what I read on your blog, so keep it comin’! 🙂
2. Shitty Dad
3. Dirty Rotten Parenting (I think this Mama has been nominated once already, but hey–the more the merrier!)
Listen, I know the rule was to nominate a total of 11, but dinner isn’t going to make itself. Plus, I think the other bloggers I follow have all surpassed 200 followers.
Okay, for all of you who were nominated, below are the questions you have to answer or I’m sending my pants-less, toilet training toddler to
crap live on your couch for a week:
1. What is your dream job?
2. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. What is your proudest moment, professional or personal?
4. Who are you voting for? (I’m referring to Presidential elections, not Dancing with the Stars.)
5. What’s your favorite book?
6. Do you have stink bugs where you live?
7. If you answered yes to #6, please share a method to destroy said bugs. If you answered no to #6, please move on.
8. Do you watch Modern Family? If not, why? It’s hilarious and everyone should watch it.
9. White or red? (Wine, obviously).
10. If you could have one super power, what would it be and why?
11. What do you require in life to maintain sanity? (I need at least 18 hours of sleep a day. Just an example.)
Yay! This was fun!