My Dad taught himself how to use a computer and send emails when I went away to college. I thought it was absolutely adorable that he took the time to be a vulnerable student and allow newfangled technology to be his teacher. He would hunt and peck me a few short lines most mornings, and I’d wake up to a “Don’t forget to smell the roses!” reminder from the man who knew my Type A-ness all too well.
There’s something endearing about a person stepping outside of his comfort zone for the sake of someone he loves. As I grew and changed, so did my Dad. And for that, I’ll always be grateful.
That’s probably why I’m so drawn good ol’ CVS Pharmacy growing and changing with the times. Like Dad, CVS has the benefit of wisdom and experience over flash in the pan trends, yet realized the need for a little updating.
CVS got a face-lift with a brand new look and feel to the pharmacy, with integrated clinical programs, such as Maintenance Choice, Pharmacy Advisor, and Specialty Connect. By expanding into Targets everywhere, 51% more CVS Caremark plan members have access to CVS Pharmacy in over 9,600 locations.
More people + better access = a very good thing
Just like my Dad going digital, so too has CVS Pharmacy. They’ve created a CVS mobile app that notifies us when our prescriptions are ready and generally makes life easier by streamlining information and saving us time. Features of the app include helpful stuff like this:
- If you’re classy and have an Apple Watch: The CVS Pharmacy mobile app is now Apple Watch compatible, to help notify customers when prescriptions are ready, and make it easy to refill prescriptions and check information at a glance
- If you’re into saving time: The Scan Paper Script enables customers to quickly and conveniently start the prescription fill process by capturing a photo of their written prescription through the mobile app
- If efficiency is your thing: Insurance Card Scan allows customers to easily share new insurance information with their pharmacist by taking a photo of their insurance card, instantly updating data across our store systems
- If you’re forgetful like me: MedRemind helps customers stay on track with their medication schedules by enabling them to customize reminders to take their prescriptions at the right time and notifications to caregivers when a dose is missed
- If you’re confused like me: The Pill Identifier helps you identify what a pill is by entering in descriptive information such as shape, color and imprint. This feature would’ve been clutch when I was on stool softeners and pain meds after having a c-section…..
- If you’re not sure: Use the Drug Interaction Checker to make sure your prescription won’t have any potentially adverse reactions with your other medications
- If you enjoy saving time: You can import prescriptions for refill from your secure medication history, or use the Scan to Refill feature to simply scan a prescription’s barcode and order it in one easy step. Hello and welcome to 2016!
Look at Dad and CVS joining us digital natives! It’s a pretty cool thing to witness the evolution of someone (or a pharmacy!) changing for no other reason than to better serve the ones they care about. Awww, group hug you guys!