I suck and I know it. Each of you beautiful babes was so incredibly kind to share the love when your awesome blogs were awarded the recognition they deserve. Each of you wonderful women contacted me and were all, “Hey! I nominated you for something exciting!!” And I was all, “………………….”
Please know that I’ve been up to my elbows in the “P” Trifecta: poop, puke, and pudge. A brief explanation:
My kids have been sick. My son was throwing up and then got better and then throwing up more and then better. Then, just for extra shits and giggles, he got impetigo. So things around these parts have been just peachy.
Not to be outdone by her older brother, my daughter barfed so much a few nights ago that I just found more chunks behind her bed today. If you’re signing off now, thanks for stopping by!
Moving on, the NuvaRing, whom if you recall was my BFF, really screwed me. I gained 10+ pounds of water weight, so we were forced to part ways. Vain or not, I’m barely 5’2 and don’t need any more junk in my trunk, thankyouverymuch.
Soooo…as you can see, it wasn’t that I wasn’t THRILLED and HUMBLED and ALL SMILES at your nods; I was all that and more. I just haven’t had a chance to follow all of the rules that accompany these awards. I do hope you’ll forgive me, but I’m breaking those rules. A
lazy, lazy lady rebel by nature, I’m raging against the machine and just doing this:
- Link back to the person who nominated you. CHECK!
- Post the award image on your page. CHECK!
- List 7 random facts about yourself. BELOW!
- Nominate other blog
sfor the award. CHECK!
My colleague, gal pal, and SSS (same-sex soul mate) over at Questionable Choices in Parenting is fall-down funny. You will L.O.V.E. her. And I don’t say this because she knows my home address or even because she gives me props in her “No Question, Just Inspiration” page (but she does); I’m honestly entertained by her. And that is why, I am nominating her for The Liebster!!!! From what I’ve surmised thus far in my almost-one-year of blogging, the Liebster is generally the first award given because it focuses on the small or new blogs who aspire to grow out of their britches and throw on their big girl panties. Grab the award image from my side bar, girl! —————>
7 Random Facts About Myself
1. My very best friend is ready to pop with her second baby and she’s invited me to be a part of the birth as I was with her daughter. Weeeee!!!!!!!
2. I hate my hands and feet. HATE THEM.
3. I have a wicked good arm and can throw a baseball farther than most dudes I know. [I feel wifely obligations to admit that my husband is not among those I can out-throw.]
4. I hate my natural hair color and haven’t seen it since about the 8th grade. When you read Questionable Choices in Parenting’s latest post, you’ll see why we get along so well.
5. I think my kids are cuter than yours. Sorry.
6. I’m cheating on my cleaning lady. She wasn’t doing a good job and used all natural products that smelled like body odor***. Instead of breaking up with her, I just hired someone else. And she’s Samantha-from-Sex-in-the-City FABULOUS.
7. One of my dad’s “boys” is hanging out of his shorts in a family picture. Gross and hilarious all at the same time. P.S. I blacked it out with a Sharpie the second I saw it. Sharpie, whatta say about a new sponsorship????
8. Parenting is hard. Most days I go back and forth between wanting more kids and wanting to sell the two I already have.
9. The way the American government treats the middle class makes me cringe. It makes more economical sense to expect to live off of another’s hard work. I’ve said too much, haven’t I?
10. Piers Morgan can bite me.
11. I’m terrible at math.
***I’m not against all-natural anything; but I am adamantly against body odor.
Mad love to:
The genius behind The Mommy Ref who bestowed the Liebster Award upon me.
Back Home Blog‘s Jill for nominating me for the Versatile Blog Award. Jill’s one-liners will make you giddy.
Seriously, ladies, I’m touched. Not in that awkward way, but in that you made me feel warm and fuzzies kind of way. THANK YOU.